Name server registration

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Jan 4 22:37:40 UTC 2000

In article <84tq74$ov3$1 at news.ihug.co.nz>, jandj <jandj at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>We have had are own in house web servers for some time now but have been
>paying for our dns service. We would now like to have our own in-house name
>servers. Where or how do we go about registering our name servers?? And who

With whatever organization is in charge of the parent domain.  For
instance, if you're registering domains in the .nz domain, go to
<http://www.domainz.net.nz/> for information.

>hands out blocks of IP address??

Normally you get blocks of IP addresses from your ISP.  If your
requirements are large enough (at least a /20 block), you may be able to go
directly to the Regional Registry for your part of the world.  In the
Asia/Pacific region, that would be APNIC, at <http://www.apnic.net>.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com