Allow/deny Settings for DNS Access

Philip Forst phil80 at netscape.net
Tue Jan 4 17:00:05 UTC 2000

Hello.  I am setting up a caching-only or secondary (still deciding) DNS (BIND
8.2.2)on a LAN.  Our current DNS is on the same WAN to which my office's LAN
belongs.  Setting up a DNS but allowing systems outside the office LAN may
defeat its purpose.

I recall seeing an code that can be placed in one of the named configuraiton
files that would not allow anyone outside the office LAN to use the DNS I am
setting up.  It was to the effect of "allow _____ deny"

I can not find that posting or find the answer in my TCP/IP admin book.  Could
some one point me to a web site or perhaps offer the syntax & proper
placement?

Any assistance that you can provide is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.