DNS on a subneted Class C range

John L. Borda john_borda at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 07:38:41 UTC 2000

I have 8 static IP address from US West (216.160.66.192-199).  US West only
let's me host one domain so I want to set up my own DNS server (a friend
said he would be my secondary).  Here are the questions:

1) Can I do this since US West "owns" the address and I lease them
2) How do I set up the reverse lookup file since it is a subnetted class C
range.  (I have the O'Reilly book but it lost me on how to do this).
3) Do I have to "register" my DNS server with anybody

Any help would be appreciated.

John Borda