Reject of W2K gc._msdcs...

Tim Maestas tmaestas at idc.dhs.org
Tue Feb 29 23:40:45 UTC 2000

Yeah, you might want to check the SOA fields.  I have a setup almost
identical to the one described earlier:  check-names ignore, allow-update
ip.of.win2kdc.here ; when the Win2k DC came up, it was able to update the
bind server without a hitch, adding all of it's srv records.  After the
db.example.com.log file was merged into db.example.com, the zone file was
arranged using $ORIGIN statements, ie we have in db.example.com :

$ORIGIN _msdcs.example.com.
gc	ttl in srv blah blah blah

-Tim