remove Cache

Tani Hosokawa unknown at riverstyx.net
Tue Feb 29 18:50:00 UTC 2000

I don't think you can in the stock release, without restarting the
nameserver.  And I think you have to delete the named_dump.db file before
you start it again.

ftp://ftp.riverstyx.net/bind-8.2.2-P5-cache.tgz

That's a prepatched copy of BIND that implements a "flushcache" option
for ndc.  Just run "ndc flushcache" and it should take care of it.

I had to write it 'coz of the irritating behaviour of negative caches
when I was waiting for an ISP to add a domain or subdomain and stuff.

---
Hi thwak :-)

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 01:44:45PM +0100, David wrote:
> How i can remove the cache in my primary dns server?
>
> Thanks
> --
> DavidT

---