specify NOTIFY network interface

Florus Both florusb at dk.uu.net
Tue Feb 29 10:29:18 UTC 2000

hi

we just moved the dns service from old machines to new fast machines. due
to the setup in our global network, the primary ip address differs from
the ip address of the dns service.
so i created a virtual network address, on which named listens.
that is fine and works good

but, notifies are sent through the primary ip address, not the listen on
address, which means our slave dns ignores the messages (as stated chapter
10 of bind & dns).

is there a way to also sent notifies through a specified network
interface?

or another solution, so i don't have to amend all the slave zones....

thanks in advance,

florus

florus both - system administrator uunet denmark - fboth at uu.net