In DNS Hell

Abbie abbie at spystop.com
Wed Feb 23 15:33:37 UTC 2000

Lost my administrator. DNS is already setup. I am trying to add additional
URL's. I modified the named.boot and resolv.conf files and created the
db.newurl file. I killed the in.named daemon to refresh the data and It will
not recognize the URL. I have my server on site, my DNS is also getting
resolved from an ISP prior to my Sun Box. I am using Solaris 2.6. I am
previously an NT person. UNIX is not my forte... confusion is an under
estimation. Any suggestions for an idiot to UNIX learning on the fly without
a UNIX educational budget.