DNS errors throughout my web site

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Feb 22 15:37:07 UTC 2000

In article <88stcp$hmn$1 at merki.connect.com.au>, RP <admin at keanalley.com> wrote:
>Yes www.businessoz.com.au is the domain in question (although don't go
>directly there as you will be redirected to my US domain that is working
>fine) It is best to start at a page within the site like
>www.businessoz.com.au/directory.htm
>
>The problem is an difficult one, as the site will appear to be working fine
>and then "BOOM" something stuffs up and DNS errors are everywhere - even on
>pages that you have just been to.
>
>I have several people test the site from different dialup networks and the
>same thing happens to each.

I clicked on about 10 different links on that directory page and didn't get
any errors.  I'm running Netscape 4.7 on Solaris 2.6.

I can't imagine why someone would get lots of DNS errors.  The first time
they go to the site, their local DNS server should cache the IP address of
www.businessoz.com.au.  Then every time they click on a link their server
should just get it out of its cache.

I also checked all three of the DNS server addresses for your domain, and
they all have valid records for www.businessoz.com.au and
businessoz.com.au.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com