running 2 instances of named?

Joakim Schramm joakim at humanet.se
Mon Feb 21 20:02:55 UTC 2000

Not sure, but I think this is possible right? But would it be possible
to this way run 2 primary nameserves (different domains like
ns.newdomain.com, ns.olddomain.com) with same IP in the A record? All on
one the same box.

I'm thinking of this as a temporary solusion while I change the pointer
for all my virtual domains from old nameserver to the new one, and then
the old will go out of service. The bottom line is that I HAVE to change
the nameserver of reasons not relevant to the configuration matter.

Is this possible?

Joakim