Preventing BIND8 from dailing?

Marc Lampo Marc.Lampo at c-cure.be
Fri Feb 18 07:06:07 UTC 2000

Hallo Tobias,

1. when the name server starts, it automatically queries one of the servers listed
in the hints file for an updated list of root name servers.
2. when you telnet to the server, it does a reverse lookup on the IP-nr connecting
to it.  I'd suggest to make your server master for the reverse map of the IP-range
you're using locally.

Hope this helps,

MfG,

Marc

--
Security Engineer for C-CURE CBVA, Belgium (http://www.c-cure.be/)
Guest teacher of "Client-Server Programming with Unix"