"Can't find server name" Error in nslookup

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Fri Feb 18 03:37:17 UTC 2000

	This is one of the reasons why we recommend using 'dig' rather
	than 'nslookup' as a diagnostic tool.

	The error indicates that the reverse records for 192.168.1.50
	could not be resolved using 192.168.1.50.  This occurs even before
	it attempts to process any queries from the command line.

	Configure 192.168.1.50 as a server for 1.168.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA and
	add the appropriate PTR record for 50.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com