SRV is great if only it were implemented

hilgart at my-deja.com hilgart at my-deja.com
Thu Feb 17 22:45:31 UTC 2000

I learned about the "experimental" SRV records from Cricket Liu's BIND
book.  It supports exactly what we are trying to accomplish with Web
server high availability insofar as suggesting to clients to try other
Web servers should the main server be unavailable.

But this great feature is worthless unless the Web browsers and proxy
servers support it, right?  So should we corporate types be requesting
this support from Microsoft and AOL?  Or is this best handled through
the W3C?

Does anyone know what is being done to make this record type widely
available and useful?

-john
BASF Corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/