Dynamic update and name administration

Matthew_Touw at notes.seagate.com Matthew_Touw at notes.seagate.com
Tue Feb 15 02:49:29 UTC 2000

Hi,

I currently running a WIN2000 DHCP server updating DHCP addresses to my BIND
8.2.2-p5 Sun Server running on Solaris 7. Giving that I was assigned to a fixed
domain. When the update happened, the named periodically perform a dump on my db
file, much to my dismay, overwrite my existing db file and mess up all my
previous static assigned records in a random fashion(the records are place any
how) which I have painfully take to housekeep.

Is there a way to make the dynamic update to update to another db file without
interfering the static IP assignment db file but still remaining under the same
domain. Maybe append below the db file or even just cache in the memory?

I was wondering if anyone is doing the same thing and have some sort of solution
to this or any workaround?

Thanks.

:o) Matt