BIND changing /etc/resolv.conf

Henri J. Schlereth henris at neandertal.org
Sun Feb 13 16:07:58 UTC 2000

Are you sure it is BIND doing this? I have seen this identical
"feature" under RedHat 6.1 under their initscripts after version
4.70. The problem is there was a use-peerdns which would re-write
/etc/resolv.conf with the DNS servers of your connection.
In my case this was /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-ppp.

Henri J. Schlereth
"The Geezer Geek"

"All data leaves a trial. The search for data leaves a trial.
The erasure of data leaves a trial.The absence of data, under
the right circumstances,can leave the clearest trial of all-
Dr Kio Masada"