BIND ON NT

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Sat Feb 12 21:36:26 UTC 2000

> Ok I am looking to start using a version of Bind. Now I am not sure which
> version to use. 4.9.7 has some security issues but has been out for some
> time, while Bind 8 is fairly new but is supposed to have a lot of benefits
> as compared to Bind 4.9.7. Does anyone use Bind 8 on NT and if so is it a
> lot better than 4.9.7? Also are there speed increases or decreases? I
> ordered the Cricket book but it's not in yet. I am just curious for on
site
> experience.

BIND 8 has lots of features BIND 4.9.7 doesn't, and BIND 8.2.2 (P2 or
later) is the only version of BIND that doesn't have widely known
vulnerabilities in it.

You might want to try the port of 8.2.2-P5 to Windows NT that available
from ftp://ns4.netpacq.net/bindnt_8.22/

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.