Contacting ROOT nameservers

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Fri Feb 11 02:33:53 UTC 2000

	If things were stuck it was because your client asked for
	information that was not local.  See resolv.conf and the
	search directive.  Killing the hints just caused named to
	return SERVFAIL faster.

	I suspect that you have a mixture of pre and post RFC 1535
	aware resolvers.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com