Domain query refused???

Takács István istvan.takacs at szerencsejatek.hu
Tue Feb 8 10:35:33 UTC 2000

Hi,

I made a named.conf with these settings;

zone "xyz" {
         type master;
         file "xyz";
         check-names fail;
         allow-update { IP of the secondary; } ;
         allow-transfer { IP of the secondary; };
};

My problem's that, if I try to download the zones from
another domain, then it waits for a while, and after that
I receive the informations.

I'd like to get the "Server error: Query refused" message
if I try the 'host -l xyz'.

Is it possible, that our secondary server gives back the
zones?
Do I have to ask the admins of our secondary to disable
the zone downloads?

But who's responsible to download these files if I want
to protect our network, but I want to keep our servers
accessible.

ME ---zone files ---> SECONDARY ---zone files ---> NIC?? ----zone files --->
????

Thanks in advance!