Bind 8.2.2 P5 hanging up...

Philip L. Butler butler at dii.net
Sat Feb 5 01:08:52 UTC 2000

Kevin,

I am using Slackware, kernel version 2.0.38.  I will turn on
debugging and see what it turns up.  I agree with you though in that
I was looking at logs this afternoon from another system that is not
hanging up and it showed the same cleaned cache message.  Do you know
of a debug level to suggest ??  I have turned it on level 9, but I
haven't had a chance to look at the logs since I did that.

BTW, on a system that has no problems, the LAN addresses are in the
10.x.x.x range but the system that doesn't work is on a 101.0.0.x
range - not a private IP range.  It was set up before I got involved.
I wonder if that might have anything to do with it.  It shouldn't,
but you never know.

Thanks,

Phil Butler