Fail over using DNS / Bind 4.9.7-1 (QID 2855)

James Maes jmaes at sportingnews.com
Fri Feb 4 19:59:07 UTC 2000

I am not even sure that this can be done like I am trying to do here is
what i need to do.

We have to servers that are running our PubSystem on top of informix
databases running data replication.

the two machines (PS1 and PS2) and the same thing

PS1 will be used for everything, and PS2 never touched unless PS1 dies

in the case that PS1 dies, we need to have all the calls to PS1 forwards
to PS2

so, for example with PS1 up, something like this

http://ps1/abp2/webdriver

calls the pubsys on ps1

but if ps1 DIES, then the same call need to redirect to ps2

Thanks for anyhelp on this

James

--

James Maes