Apache name based VirtualHost and DNS

Bruce Ordway ordway at uswest.net
Thu Feb 3 03:35:07 UTC 2000

Hi,
I've been working on getting Apache running on my RH61 box.
I wanted to get a couple of site running off of the same ip address.
I'm using bogus names and numbers on a private LAN.
Now the Apache is working but the DNS is a little goofy.

NSLookup of www.bordway.org returns name www.bordway.org and address
128.1.1.55 OK.
NSLookup of www.mordway.org returns name of www.mordway.org.bordway.org and
address of 128.1.1.55.

So it is working but I don't like the looks of that
www.mordway.org.bordway.org.

Here is my file called db.bordway for translating names to ip addresses:

@  IN SOA rh61.bordway.org. bruceo.bordway.org. (
   2000012701 ; serial
   10800 ; refresh
   3600 ; retry
   604800 ; expire
   86400 ; default_ttl
   )
@  IN NS rh61.bordway.org.
@  IN MX 10 rh61.bordway.org.
;
rh61  IN A 128.1.1.55
mail  IN A 128.1.1.55
www  IN A 128.1.1.55
news  IN A 128.1.1.55
localhost IN A 127.0.0.1
3c59x  IN A 10.0.0.4

smoker          IN      A       128.1.1.204
smoker          IN      MX      10      rh61.bordway.org.

www.mordway.org IN      A       128.1.1.55
www.mordway.org IN      MX      10      rh61.bordway.org.

Any ideas where I have strayed?
Thanks,