Max TXT Size Entry in DNS

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Feb 3 00:18:06 UTC 2000

    Tristan> I'm writing the code on NT with Bind source version
    Tristan> 4.9.7, is this flag for 8.2.2P5 on the server or the
    Tristan> client. (I'm assuming server). Either way, I've been
    Tristan> getting larger responses back than 255.

The code reference I gave you was for the current release of BIND,
8.2.2P5. It's in the name server, not the resolver. I've not looked at
4.9.7 which has been dead for around 3 years now. It's possible you
might well be the only person trying to develop something with this
old code. And BTW, 8.2.2P5 has already been ported to NT.