What is P6?

kevind at metaip.checkpoint.com kevind at metaip.checkpoint.com
Wed Feb 2 14:56:17 UTC 2000

I don't work for ISC, so I don't have the official story.  I do
contribute to the ISC BIND release and have access to view their
CVS source code pool.

In the CVS source pool is a group of fixes that have a CVS tag of "P6"
ISC has never officially released "P6" to the public.

I am guessing here that who ever put BIND in the OpenBSD release, has access
to the ISC CVS Source Pool and took a snapshot of the code and
put that in OpenBSD.

I am guessing that ISC was going to release P6 and then decided to do a full
release called BIND 8.2.3 and the fixes in P6 will be in it.

-Kevin
Senior BIND Developer