Other OS vs. NT

Greg Schaffer schaffer at mtsu.edu
Tue Feb 1 17:17:36 UTC 2000

Well, I've run 4.9.3 thru 4.9.7 on NT, but have no plans to continue the 4.9
series.  I'm still wrestling with the idea of running MS DNS on NT or
8.2.2-p5 on Linux to help satisfy the W2K DDNS requirements but I'm leaning
heavily towards 8.2.2-p5.  Am not considering 8.2.2-p5 on NT at this time.
Prefer running it on Linux/Unix (also running on Solaris here) because it's
easier to administer from the command line.  I hate GUIs and boxes to click
on and check that don't explicitly tell me what it's doing....

Greg

mikey78 at my-deja.com wrote:

> This may have been dicsussed b4 :+) but I'm collecting and and all
> opinions (certified or not) and or experiences with running DNS on NT.
> What are the concrete (dis)advantages of each, NT or unix ?  Try to give
> real examples not rumors !
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

-- Type: text/x-vcard