setting up own dns ??

steve mazingazusa at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 07:24:44 UTC 2000

Here is my dilemma in setting up my own dns server at home.  I just got a
DSL service installed and was given 2 ip address. I wish to set-up my own
DNS server at home.. (primary and second name server). Can this be done ?
without going through ISP ?   I guess my real question is... if i setup
primary and secondary name server and register my domain name with INTERNIC,
Would will replicated the zone entry with my DNS server at home ?
Would i have to talk to my ISP to allow zone queries to my DNS server at
home ?

Any help would be appreciated..