Bind 8.2.2.P7 and W2K

Tim Maestas tmaestas at dnsconsultants.com
Sun Dec 31 09:41:24 UTC 2000

	This message means that 192.168.1.10 sent a dynamic update to
	dnd1 for domain.com.  The allow-update clause for domain.com
	on dnd1 does not allow updates from that client.  RFC compliant
	clients will attempt to update the nameserver listed in the
	MNAME field of the SOA record for domain.com.  If this server
	is unreachable, it will try the rest of the servers listed
	in the NS records for the zone.  I didn't understand from
	you message if you meant the ip listed in the error message
	was the DNS server on Win2k, or if dnd1 was the DNS server.
	In any case, you should be able to figure out what's going
	on from the explanation above.

-Tim