help! (excessive queries for www.brodcast.net, stage.broder.c om)

Lepera, Francis J flep at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 28 21:33:20 UTC 2000

Gentlemen...

We are also seeing many many DNS queries for "net.brodcast.net"
We are also seeing many queries for "WWW.BRODCASTNET".
Both, of course are erroneous domain-names.

Any clue as to what's causing these queries??
Any further information you have regarding this, problem
would be appreciated.

Is there a fix for this??

Francis J. Lepera [flep at bnl.gov]
Cyber Security Section