Lookup Problem

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed Dec 27 21:24:07 UTC 2000

In article <92djvc$bjv at pub3.rc.vix.com>,
Carl Duescher <carld at clublouie.com> wrote:
>The domain in question is cybrzn.com...

It looks like it's the glue problem I described.  The delegation records in
the .com zone point to ns1.cybrzn.com and ns2.cybrzn.com, and it has glue
records for them.  But the authoritative servers only have the following NS
record:

cybrzn.com.		1D IN NS	sol.cybrzn.com.

Records that come from the authoritative server for the zone are more
credible than records from the parent zone, so this NS record replaces
those in the cache.  But there's no glue record for this in the parent
zone, so when the A record for sol times out, you have an NS record that
points to a name you can't resolve (because you need to query the
cybrzn.com server to look it up).

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA