Installation of BIND 8.2.2 p5

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Dec 21 13:14:05 UTC 2000

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 06:58:08PM -0500, choe at skgamerica.com wrote:
> When I compared ownership of /bin/sh file, I found that the owner is "root" and
> group owner is "other" for the one that's causing a problem whereas for the good
> system it's "bin" and "root" respectively.  Do you think this is the problem?
> If so, can you tell me how I can change the ownership?

This is not a problem specifically for running this program.  However,
it is always somewhat worrisome if programs have changed attributes
[such as owner and group] without your knowing why.  One cause is being
hacked into!

As you may have figured out by now, you use 'chown' - or 'chown' and
'chgrp'.  But this will not help you.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B