data base files

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Dec 20 20:45:00 UTC 2000

	Firstly the current BIND 8 release is BIND 8.2.2-P7, you don't want
	a earlier version.  See the www.isc.org for the security
	announcements.

	Secondly the master files are compatable, however BIND 8 performs
	much stricter checking than BIND 4 did, so check your logs for
	errors.

	Also not that the minimum field has been redefined by RFC 2308 and
	there is a new way to specify a default ttl using a "$TTL <value>"
	directive.
	e.g.
		$TTL 3600
		@	SOA ...