Reverse file that split.

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Dec 20 19:58:33 UTC 2000

Daniel Curry wrote:

> How does one configure, if possible, one arpa file that deals with
> spilt subnets?
>
>   I would like to consoludate all the arpa, reverse lookup file into
> one. Right now I have 16/80.0.100.200, 16/0.38.100.200, and
> 16/81.38.100.200
> files.
>
>    Is there a way to create one file  200.in-addr.arpa  for the whole
> split
> 208 network?

Sure, you can do that, but then you are blind to everything else on the
200.*.*.* network. Ditto if you had just one zone file for 200.100.*.*
but didn't own the whole range -- you'd be blind to the rest of the
network. If you want to be selective about what you resolve, you're
stuck with hosting multiple zones.

- Kevin