nsupdate's choice of interface

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Dec 20 10:04:21 UTC 2000

	Nsupdate looks at the list of nameservers for the zone then
	send the update to them.  If one of the list nameservers is
	also listed as the origin in the SOA it is tried first otherwise
	the nameservers are tried at random.

	Nsupdate does *not* bind the source address of the update packet.
	The source address is determined by the routing table and the
	kernel. (BIND 9's version allows you to specify the source address).

	What you should be doing is using TSIG to authenticate the update
	rather than use IP addresses.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.