Bind 822p7 on aix...

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Fri Dec 15 18:01:20 UTC 2000

    Cihan> 	I am having problem with aix4.3.2 and 4.3.3 running
    Cihan> 822p7, I first installed on both the one in the BULL site,
    Cihan> then I had core dumped, I then compiled the source and had
    Cihan> the again core dumped with error Segmentation fault....both
    Cihan> boxes have 64M+256M memory....I think something is wrong
    Cihan> with the operating system setup...

The most likely explanation is there's some difference between the AIX
versions. Perhaps you're trying to run a 4.3.3 executable on the 4.3.2
system? Maybe there's a mismatch in the system call API between these
OS versions? Or perhaps they have different, incompatible shared
libraries? Failing that, are you sure the software was compiled and
installed successfully?  BIND should just compile and run on AIX.