Linux/Bind and W2K

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Dec 13 16:36:06 UTC 2000

ljmay at my-deja.com wrote:

>Since the comp.protocols.dns.bind group appears down, I hope this works:
>I have Bind 8.2.2_P5 (yeah, I'll go to P7 shortly) running on Redhat
>6.2. We're overhauling our network and are setting up new domain
>controllers running Windows 2000. Bind appears to be working fine but
>the W2K pdc can't communicate with it. The pdc isn't making the changes
>in the database it's supposed to and there's no record in
>/var/log/messages showing that the pdc tried to contact the Bind
>machine.
>
>My question is - has anyone found a good reference on how to get these 2
>talking to each other? Or have suceeded in doing so?

Are there messages from the Win2k netlogon process in the system
event log?  If so, what are the messages.  If the event IDs are 5774
and/or 5782, then I have more information.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov