NDC Error: [ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3)]

David david-s at family.net.nz
Tue Dec 12 21:26:44 UTC 2000

Hi,

I have just loaded RH6.2 and bind 8.2.2P_5. When I try and do a ndc
reload I get the following message.

ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Connection refused
ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/var/run/ndc)

The file /var/run/ndc doesn't exist. I have checked on a machine running

RH6.1 and bind 8.2.2P_3 and the file is as below;
srw------- 1 root root 0 Dec 12 20:05 /var/run/ndc

I have tried to touch a file but the best I can get is;
-rwS------ 1 root root 0 Dec 12 22:00 /var/run/ndc

How do I get the permissions correct or is the problem an entirely
different issue?

I have also tried loading bind 8.2.2P_3 but I get the same error
message.

Thanks,

David.