having difficulty compiling NT port of 8.2.2 p7

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Tue Dec 12 03:16:21 UTC 2000

		Don't even bother with 8.2.2-P7.  That NT implementation has a large
  number of bugs which I have fixed for the 8.2.3 release.  Grab the BIND
  8.2.3-T9B release, you'll be glad you did.  I didn't have any interest in
  retrofitting the 8.2.2 release.

		If you just want the 8.2.3-T9B binaries, you can get them from
  Len Conrad's site at URL:
http://bind8nt.meiway.com/download.cfm

  The 8.2.3-T9B kit at the bottom of the page.  If you want to build it
yourself
  the ISC web site has a pointer to the sources:
http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind8.html#beta

  Although it says that it's not ready for production use, at least on NT
it's better
  than any of the 8.2.2 releases.

	If you insist on building 8.2.2-P7, see below.

		Danny

At 06:18 PM 12/11/00 +0000, Muzaffer Kal wrote:

>hi,
>I am trying to compile the winnt port of 8.2.2 p7 and having a
>problem. I am running win2k and vc++ 6.0. Named.exe doesn't link
>because of a missing symbol in libbind.lib but libbind seems to
>include the necessary file where the missing function is defined. Here
>is the exact problem:
>
>ns_req.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>___ns_name_rollback
>...\bin\Release\named.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
>Error executing link.exe.

	Add a line to libbind.def containing this name and add an @xxx where xxx
  is the next available number.

>This happens with both command line and batch mode of vc++ build
>options. Any ideas what the problem is?

		See above.  But then you should go to 8.2.3-T9B.

			Danny