Private ip class resolution failed

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Dec 6 23:20:54 UTC 2000

How do you expect your nameserver to reverse-resolve 192.168.*.* addresses
without defining it as a master for the appropriate domain(s)? You need a
definition like:

zone "168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
    type master;
    file "168.192.in-addr.arpa";
};

and then you fill that file with PTR records (in addition to the usual SOA and
NS records, of course).

- Kevin