Temporary dns on a Partitioned Network

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Dec 6 17:24:02 UTC 2000

Kevin Darcy writes:
>Set up your own internal root zone. If you have only 1 internal root server --
>not recommended -- you probably will want to specify "min-roots 1" in your
>options statement in order to keep named from complaining about it.

	Done.

	My named.conf entry is:

zone "." {
	type master;
	file "rootzone";
};

	My rootzone file is as follows:

;
;root
;

@       IN     SOA  x.cis.okstate.edu. martin.dc.cis.okstate.edu.  (
                                2000120602; Serial
                                    1802; Refresh
                                    901; Retry
                                  4838400; Expire
                                   43200 ) ;Minimum
okstate.edu.  86400  IN   NS   x.cis.okstate.edu.

	Right now, named hangs and I had to log in from another
session to kill the several processes it spawned while it just
silently smoldered (so to speak.)

	I am obviously doing something wrong.  It is so busy doing
whatever it is trying to do that it isn't even generating log
traffic.