scondary with two NIC

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Dec 6 03:44:10 UTC 2000

At 09:41 PM 12/5/00 +0300, Emad Hazza wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have my secondary setup on an NT box with two NICs on different
>subnets it can only resolve local domains but it times out on outside
>domains any idea what could be the reason it is bind8.2.3t6b.

		I'm not sure what's wrong here, but I did go back to some of your
  old mail and saw that you had a line in your named.conf like this:
channel my_file {file "d:/winnt/system32/dns/etc/named.conf";};

	Although the logging is commented out, if you enable logging, it will append
  to your named.conf file.  You need to  call it named.log or somethingf
similar.
  You need to turn on logging after you've fixed the above line and see
what happens
  when you query it.  Also make sure that db.cache is valid.  Is there any
error
  in the event log?

			Danny