Bind 9 errors

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Dec 1 00:54:25 UTC 2000

a.root-servers.net apparently doesn't run BIND 9, so it doesn't
understand some of the options your nameserver is sending it. You should
be seeing successful retries of the same queries shortly afterwards.
This is working as designed. As BIND 9 gets deployed, the retries will
decrease and hopefully one day disappear altogether.

- Kevin