internal DNS server problem!

Prashant Ranade pranade at gigabitwireless.com
Tue Aug 29 00:55:46 UTC 2000

Hello,
try the following :
nslookup
> server 149.112.20.3
> "anything in your domain"
can your main domain name server resolve this, if not then who is
administering that domain name server. are you the sub domain of the
domain, if so are you listed in its delegation rules...
even try dig @149.112.20.3 "anything in your domain"
what do you get... do you get resolved... if not then 149.112.20.3
dosn't know anything about your domain, so if that is your parent domain
then you need to insert the delegation record for your domain into its
zone file, if you are not administering that domain contact its
administrator
hope this helps
Prashant