DNS on NT vs. DNS on Linux

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Aug 28 19:29:48 UTC 2000

As an initial diagnostic step, trying doing a regular recursive query from
the command-line of the Linux box, e.g. with "dig", pointing at the
forwarder. If it also times out, then that means it's probably not a
problem with "named". In that case, check your network and firewall
settings, as well as the settings on the forwarder. If a command-line
lookup works, then it's probably a problem with "named". First place to
look for troubleshooting that would be the logs.

- Kevin