Trouble with bind 8.2.2-P5

Quadri, Jay Jay.Quadri at gmk.cwplc.com
Fri Aug 25 17:12:00 UTC 2000

Not a bug, Sounds like you want to write you own named.root or named.ca file
as oppose to using the Internet's version. You new named.root file will
contain your master Intranet DNS server e.g.

.                                3600000  IN NS    elf-antar.fr.
elf-antar.fr                      3600000  IN A     IP Address (Internal)

The next thing is to put a

forwarders      {
  IP address ;  i.e your external DNS IP
Other Internal DNS IP Addresses;
};

forward         first ;

In the named.boot file of the Internal DNS server.