chroot{} and named-xfer

Stefan Wold ratler at avian.wineasy.se
Fri Aug 25 10:28:12 UTC 2000

Hi.

I'm experiencing heavy difficulties to get named-xfer working
in chrooted environment. Everything else seems to be working
perfectly. But as soon as it tries to do a zone transfer i get
the following error in my /var/adm/messages log "unix: named-xfer: Cannot
find /usr/lib/ld.so.1".

I'm running Solaris SPARC/7 with Bind-8.2.2-p5.

I have done an ldd on named-xfer and moved all libraries needed to the
chroot but nevertheless it will not work. Any help is appreciated.
This is how my directory tree looks like
/opt
/opt/chroot
	dev/
	etc/
	lib/
	opt/bind-8.2.2-p5
	usr/lib
	var/

This is really urgent because this DNS is already going live!

--
Sincerely
Stefan Wold		Tel: +46 8 50600000     Wineasy AB