Intermittent Resolution problems

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 24 23:07:16 UTC 2000

Without any specifics, one can only guess. Sounds like you're getting bad
referral information from somewhere. Why don't dump your database (via "ndc
dumpdb" or an INT signal to the nameserver process) and see what your
nameserver knows about the problematic names? To have your nameserver track
more detail, at the expense of higher memory consumption, turn on
"host-statistics yes" in your options clause.

- Kevin