Newbie Master/Slave question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Aug 24 22:42:55 UTC 2000

named.conf isn't automatically updated. If you want to start slaving a new
zone, you have to add the slave definition to named.conf and issue a "ndc
reconfig".

Having said that, there are non-standardized ways outside of BIND, to
script the process of discovering new zones and automatically add them to
named.conf on the slaves. I don't know if anything like that is publically
available, though.

- Kevin