SV: Tricky DNS configuration. Help!

Johnny Damtoft JOD at sonofon.dk
Thu Aug 24 14:23:06 UTC 2000

Hi...

We have the forwarders 10.10.10.*, you have some options on this kinds
forwarding.. first, always or default

If you do it like this, every query that comes to the DNSserver (non
intranet) goes to your Internet Forwarders.

And if its a query for the domain.intra it askes the 10.10.10.1 server =
for
that.

options {
	directory "/etc/dns";
	pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";
	forward first;
	forwarders {
		10.10.10.1;
		10.10.10.2;
		};
	};

zone "domain.intra" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/namedb/intra/domain.intra";
        forwarders { 10.10.10.1; };
        also-notify {
                10.10.20.2;
                };
        notify yes;
        };

I hope that this helps you :)

Med venlig hilsen  /  Best regards

             Johnny Damtoft - jod at sonofon.dk
             UNIX Systemadministrator - DNS Admin

             SONOFON A/S
             Skelagervej 1
             9100 Aalborg
             Denmark
Tel:         +45 7212 1212

Direct:      +45 7212 7632
Fax:         +45 7212 7989 - Att: Johnny Damtoft (JOD)

Microsoft:   "where do you want to go today?"
Linux:       "where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD/UNIX:    "are you guys coming, or what?"

http://petition.eurolinux.org