Active Directory and DNS

pat moffatt moffatt.pat at itsligo.ie
Thu Aug 24 08:28:29 UTC 2000

Hi,
    we have recently upgraded some of our servers to win2K our DNS are two linux boxes. I followed the instructions by coping the win2K file into our zone file but the following three lines are causing problems.

gc._msdcs.ourzone.org.    600    IN    A    190.2.3.4
gc._msdcs.ourzone.org.    600    IN    A    190.2.4.3
gc._msdcs.ourzone.org.    600    IN    A    170.2.1.1

I've narrowed the problem down to the underscore charachter when this is left in I no longer have authority for my zone. Any help appriciated.

TIA