DNS Error Help Please

Treptow, Craig Treptow.Craig at principal.com
Wed Aug 23 20:59:12 UTC 2000

Check this out:

http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/docs/config_hints.html

-----Original Message-----
From: ray [mailto:ray at rlaj.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 2:22 PM
To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
Subject: DNS Error Help Please

Greetings

In our domain name server for all the domains we have listed we are getting
an error when reading the messages file on the server.  The error is:  "No
Default TTL Set"

Everything works and we can not seem to figure out why we are getting this
error.  Any help would be greatly appricated.

Here is the Record for one domain RLAJ.COM

 zone 'rlaj.com'
$ORIGIN com.
rlaj             IN      SOA     tennet.tennet.com. root.mail.tennet.com. (
                        2000010911      ; Serial: Increment
                        10800           ; Refresh: 8 hours
                        3600            ; Retry: 1 hour
                        2592000         ; Expire: 30 days
                        86400 )         ; Minimum TTL: 1 day

                IN      NS              tennet.tennet.com.
                IN      NS              ns.digex.net.      ;Secondary
NameServer
                IN      NS              ns2.digex.net.     ;Secondary
NameServer

                IN      MX      5       casper.tennet.com.
                IN      MX      10      mail.tennet.com.
                IN      A               209.48.61.61

$ORIGIN rlaj.com.
www             IN      A               209.48.61.61

Ray