compile the docs

G. Roderick Singleton gsingleton at home.com
Wed Aug 23 16:13:21 UTC 2000

Tilman Schmidt wrote:

> At 14:40 22.08.00 -0400, John_Chen at acml.com wrote:
>
> >"Cinense, Mark" <macinen at sandia.gov> on 08/22/2000 02:10:41 PM
> >>could someone please help me.  after uncompressing the doc.tar.gz
> >>for BIND,
> >>what do I do nex to install the man pages for BIND?  I am totally
> >>clueless.
> >
> >modify MANPATH=$MANPATH:/fullpath-bind/man;export MANPATH
>
> This only helps if the man pages are already installed.
> The question was how to install them in the first place,
> which is indeed somewhat nontrivial.

Is that all!  do the following:

a)	cd to some filesystem that has 5 Mb free.
b)	Unpack the tar.gz file. one way is zcat bind-doc.8.2.2-p5.tar.gz |
tar xvf -
c)	edit your profile so that MANPATH includes the pages as follows:
	 MANPATH=$MANPATH:/fullpath_to_bind/doc/man;export MANPATH

G. Roderick Singleton, <gsingleton at home.com> PATH tech,
71 Underhill Drive, Unit 159, Toronto, ON  M3A 2J8
Voice : 416-452-4583 Fax: 416-452-0036 Toll Free: 1-888-354-PATH

*** Notice To Bulk Emailers: Attention!  Pursuant to US Code, Title 47,
Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any & all unsolicited commercial e-mail
sent to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of the $1500 US and copies will be forwarded to domain
administrators.  Emailing denotes acceptance of said terms!