nslookup can't but browser can

Prashant Ranade pranade at gigabitwireless.com
Wed Aug 23 00:26:28 UTC 2000

ok..
let me explain somethings first I think my post was not very clear.
I don't have a proxy server at all. we are using NAT so that the
machines can go out on there on and get the content from the web sites.
so now, without a proxy if nslookup can't resolve the name where the
browser is getting the IP address from
I was haiving a cache for some addresses in the NT DNS. but I tried
browsing the site whos IP address was not there in the cache, I could
browse the site and the record got added to the cache
this is what confused me the most !

TIA
Prashant

my orginal post was :
I have a domain name server for a company say abc.com on NT machine
resolving internal machines is no problem.. but when I try to resolv
internet names I can't (using nslookup)
however if I try to go through the browser I can get to any site on the
internet even if that site is not there in the DNS cache.
can somebody pl explain this ????????

TIA
Prashant